Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Senior moment?

Was off out to do a repair on a door for a customer yesterday afternoon. Loaded the van and set off.

I was driving through town round the one-way system, turned right at a traffic signal and there was a crashing noise, didn't sound like a car crash, nor was it on or involving my van. I drove away and then had a vision that when I was loading my tools into the van a neighbour came across and asked me something, and that I put a tool box on the roof of the van whilst I opened the rear door. This was a small box which holds all of my very small tools, (miniature screwdrivers, screwdriver bits, scalpels, tweezers, punches and stuff like that). Yes, it was this that crashed on the road.

I pulled over and locked my van, and then ran back 150 yards to see all these tools strewn across the road. Obviously cars had run over them, but I just reckoned to pick them up and the cars would have to go around me or wait - one blasted me on his horn but I "waved" to him . There was lost of people around as it was just before 5pm and there is a railway station there, but fortunately a young girl helped me (bless her) and we picked them up, although the box was smashed.


I've just sorted them and only three were damaged, can't see I'm missing any, time will tell.

paul4

3 comments:

  1. I have a vision of you running back down the road like a demented Basil Fawltey.Arms and legs going ten to the dozen.

    Bless.;-0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usain Bolt should have been the vision :-)

    paul4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a SAGA moment mate LOL

    ReplyDelete