Sunday, June 13, 2010

No blogs for a while, and then it's like busses

Whilst sorting my gear, I found some scraps of paper in my fishing bag. Don't bother to write down fish captures as a rule, as you can see by the scribbling to get the pen working,  but I remember the first one well (the top part)

It was absolutely peeing down that day. Just one ounce short of 4 doubles ......... just an ounce.

This one was a record of the first outing with a new rod, a self-built Harrison 1.5lb tc GTx. Funny, but I got a double the next time out too, that's three in the first two trips with this rod, but I don't actually like the rod. But as there's a new version that's 1.75lb tc, I might just ....................

          ***************************************************
Here's the most important bit of kit - yes even more important than my c'pins


Have to rush, I put the hemp on (on a calor fed cooking ring, NOT the above stove) and wondered why it was frothing over the top of the pot ......... used bl##dy baking powder instead of bi-carb. Stupid boy. Must check washing and rinsing it off before starting cooking again has not flooded my floor.

paul4

3 comments:

  1. Popsy,

    Honest as the day is long mate.Many people may have just added an extra ounce on,to have four doubles in a day.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top bombing mate.................... club water?

    ReplyDelete